Compliance Audit – Occupational Health and Safety Training: Managing risk to reduce accidents, improve performance and comply with legislation
Occupational Health and Safety Training: Managing risk to reduce accidents, improve performance and comply with legislation
In today’s competitive marketplace, your customers are looking beyond just good pricing from their suppliers. The companies need to demonstrate that their businesses are managed efficiently and responsibly hence they can provide a reliable service without extreme downtime due to work-related accidents and incidents.
This has compelled many organisations to implement an Occupational Health and Safety Management System as part of their risk management strategy to address changing legislation and protect their workforce.
This training promotes a safe and healthy working environment through a framework that allows your organisation to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, lessen the potential for accidents, assist legislative compliance and improvise the overall performance.
The various elements covered by occupational health and safety training are:
- OHSAS management programme
- Planning for hazard identification
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Structure and responsibility
- Operational control
- Training, awareness and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Emergency preparation and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
This training enables your organisation to conform to the specification and moreover provides the following benefits:
- Probable decrease in the number of accidents
- Augmented access to new customers and business partners
- Potential decline in downtime and associated costs
- Display of regulatory and legal compliance
- Demonstration of your commitment to health and safety to your stakeholders
- Indication of an innovative and forward thinking approach
- Superior management of health and safety risks, now as well as in the future
Occupational health and safety training has been designed to help your organisation meet their health and safety obligations in a competent manner. This training can be adopted by any organisation willing to implement a formal procedure for reducing the risks linked with health and safety in the working environment for employees, its customers and the general public. For an OH&S compliance audit visit Stag.net.au