Migration Agents

Visa & Migration Services | Permanent Visa Options

Family / Aged Dependent Relative Visa

To be eligible for an Aged Dependent Relative visa, you must be:
Over 65 years old (for men) or over 62 years old (for women);
Single, that is, you have never married, or are widowed, divorced or formally separated from your spouse; and
Wholly financially dependent on your Australian relative.
Your visa application must be sponsored by an an Australian citizen/permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is a close relative, namely, a child, parent, sibling, grandchild, uncle, aunt, niece or nephew.

Permanent Visa Options

Family / Carer Visa

You can apply for a Carer Visa if you have an Australian citizen/permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen relative who sponsors your application for migration to Australia on the basis of your ability and willingness to care for him/her.

Your Sponsor must be related to you as a child, parent, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew. He/she must have a medical condition that causes him/her physical, intellectual or sensory impairment to such an extent that he/she is unable to attend to his/her needs on a daily basis. Your Sponsor will need to be assessed by Health Services Australia (‘HSA’) as requiring a carer, HAS will then issue a certificate which must be included with your visa application. Your Sponsor will also need to show that the nature and level of assistance that he/she requires (which you will provide) cannot reasonably be obtained from other relatives in Australia or from welfare, community, hospital, nursing and other related services in Australia.

You must be willing and able to provide substantial and continuing assistance to your Sponsor. The Department will look at a number of issues, including your age and other commitments, in assessing whether you will be able to provide the required level of care to your Sponsor. You, and all other members of your family unit, must also meet the relevant health and character requirements.

Carer visas may be applied for from within or outside of Australia, but they are rarely granted, as the level set for the grant of a Carer Certificate is very high.